Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some scary news

I was tipped off to a segment that aired on Kare-11 News tonight about a couple from MN who is presumed to be kidnapped in Mexico, possibly Guanajuato. Their was a "hardcopy" of the segment I was able to read just now on Kare11.com.

This was very upsetting, scary, and disheartening information for me to read about!!! Mexico is a very beautiful country with wonderfully kind and generous people, and to date, my experience has been nothing but positive. It is horrible, however, that today's thriving illegal-drug industry in the US has turned parts of Mexico into complete chaos with guerrilla-type warfare and endless violence occuring around the clock!!!

Although I have been very safe and vigiliant during my time here in Mexico, please be re-assured that I will be extra safe during my final week here in Guanajuato and plan for a safe arrival back in MN March 10th.